About the Challenge
The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a £4 million flagship entrepreneurial development fund created by the Scottish Government, initiated by the First Minister for Scotland, that supports highly ambitious entrepreneurs from across Scotland, chosen for their individual potential, the quality of their ideas and the contribution they can make to the Scottish economy and wider society.
Entrepreneurs selected to be a part of the Unlocking Ambition cohort receive support from the Royal Society of Edinburgh or Scottish Enterprise, are matched to a world-class business mentor via Entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank. They also benefit from significant grant funding investment and a dedicated account team of specialists to support their business development.
Unlocking Ambition is the Scotland CAN DO partnership at its best, working together to bring intensive wrap-around support with a celebration of our most promising entrepreneurs. The Programme amplifies the success of entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their ideas can be successful, inclusive, create jobs and benefit society.
- Interesting to see @code4000uk tackling challenges around rehabilitating those who are incarcerated as well as tackling the national problem of a skills gap. Kudos to @Skyscanner for throwing their weight behind an initiative like this. Read more 👇 futurescot.com/non-profi… 3 days ago by tn_scots
- What does it actually mean to be a "Business for Good"? Find out more about what it means to be a business that balances purpose and profit in the latest #UnlockingAmbition blog post at unlockingambition.scot/n… 4 days ago
- You probably didn't know mushrooms could be used to construct buildings or cure diseases.Mushrooms are being tested in innovative, imaginative ways to help society.Engineers, medical researchers, designers are utilizing the natural abilities of various #fungi for a better world 5 days ago by GreenGrowFood
- LaunchMe is Scotland’s social enterprise accelerator and business support & investment readiness programme to help ambitious social enterprises scale and make a greater impact. Now open for its 5th round of applications, you can find out more at a series of Info Days in Sept 6 days ago
- Introducing @HeyGirlsUK, the first brand to be featured in our new series, 'Brands we Love'. Hey Girls tackle period poverty by giving a girl or woman one pack of products for every pack you buy. Fab! That’s why we only have Hey Girls in our office! 💜 heygirls.co.uk/shop/ 6 days ago by Sustainably
- Congratulations to the wonderful Loral Quinn of @Sustainably Jo Halliday of @TMedicines Stephanie Terreni Brown of @CleanWaterWave and Celia Hodson of @HeyGirlsUK for their nominations in the Scottish Women’s Awards 2019! creativeoceanicblog.word… 6 days ago by SME_Innovation
- The updated version 3.1 of the Ecosystem Guide is out! With an expanded section on Specialist and Sector Support plus several new and existing organisations added. Learn about these organisations and more at unlockingambition.scot/r… 1 week ago by SME_Innovation
- Fancy doing a good deed every day? Our friends at @YE_Scotland need YOUR votes! They’re finalists in the @PersimmonHomes Building Futures scheme to win £1m to support the roll-out of their Team Programme among ASN schools. Please click, vote and help at bit.ly/YES-vote 1 week ago
- #EDGE15 is open for application with a £1M+ prize pot on offer for Scotland's startup businesses, social enterprises and charities. Apply before 4th Sept at: scottishedge.com 1 week ago by ScottishEDGE
- Our #EDGE15 Edinburgh Workshop is now fully booked and the remaining Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee workshops only have a few places left. Book quickly to avoid missing out. 🎟➡️bit.ly/EDGE15-wrkshop 2 weeks ago by ScottishEDGE