About the Challenge
The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a £4 million flagship entrepreneurial development fund created by the Scottish Government, initiated by the First Minister for Scotland, that supports highly ambitious entrepreneurs from across Scotland, chosen for their individual potential, the quality of their ideas and the contribution they can make to the Scottish economy and wider society.
Entrepreneurs selected to be a part of the Unlocking Ambition cohort receive support from the Royal Society of Edinburgh or Scottish Enterprise, are matched to a world-class business mentor via Entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank. They also benefit from significant grant funding investment and a dedicated account team of specialists to support their business development.
Unlocking Ambition is the Scotland CAN DO partnership at its best, working together to bring intensive wrap-around support with a celebration of our most promising entrepreneurs. The Programme amplifies the success of entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their ideas can be successful, inclusive, create jobs and benefit society.
- For entrepreneur Calum Haggerty, the takeover of luxury chocolate brand @cocochocolatier in 2013 represented a unique career change. Read more about Calum’s journey here: unlockingambition.scot/n… 19 hours ago
- Wow 💫 we are so honoured for this acknowledgment! Thanks @foodanddrinksco @TheScotsman
shoutout also to our great supporters & alliances @scotfooddrink @scotfoodjames @IBioIC @SEFARIscot @rowett_abdn @Unlock_Ambition @HIEScotland @InterfaceOnline @scotent @ScottishEDGE
#REGEN Our @GreenGrowFood 🍄🍲🌱elected amongst 10 of the best firms at the forefront of the recycle, reuse, reduce drive revolution | The Scotsman. We are delighted also for our pals. @IndiNatureCo 🌿 scotsman.com/business/10… 1 day ago1 day ago by GreenGrowFood
- “The business has been growing at a rapid pace in the last year and I’m looking forward to using our latest funding to supercharge our efforts in 2020 and beyond.” Read more about #UnlockingAmbition Ambassador @tadaslab's journey with @prodsight here: unlockingambition.scot/n… 4 days ago
- A passion for helping those with diabetes and a realisation that tech could help manage the condition, led Unlocking Ambition Ambassador @docdebbie on the path to co-founding @MyWayDigital in 2017. Read more here: unlockingambition.scot/n… 5 days ago
- Hear from our founder @DrinklyJohn about his vision for Drinkly and where we're going next 💪 “While other entrepreneurs may have ready access to more capital, our capital here in Scotland is in our people, our size and our desire to help one another.” @DrinklyJohn, founder of @WeAreDrinkly talks about his entrepreneurial journey. Read more here: unlockingambition.scot/n… 6 days ago6 days ago by WeAreDrinkly
- “While other entrepreneurs may have ready access to more capital, our capital here in Scotland is in our people, our size and our desire to help one another.” @DrinklyJohn, founder of @WeAreDrinkly talks about his entrepreneurial journey. Read more here: unlockingambition.scot/n… 6 days ago
- Our ambassador @isatou_njai of @DrinkBaotic on how she was inspired by our trip to #SiliconValley with @FutureXGlobal and @EntrepScot. 2 weeks ago
- On top of the typical challenges faced by business owners, the Arbuckles, founders of Glasgow-based manufacturer @LINIANFireClip, part of the #UnlockingAmbition cohort, have also had to learn the art of balancing business with family relationships. unlockingambition.scot/n… 2 weeks ago
- #UnlockingAmbition ambassador Scott Dickson of @PhoxWater shares his thoughts on the recent Global Connections trip to #SiliconValley with @EntrepScot, @FutureXGlobal and and fellow cohort members. 2 weeks ago
- #UnlockingAmbition ambassador and @news_RSE Enterprise Fellow @tadaslab of @prodsight on what he got out of his Global Connections trip to #SiliconValley with @EntrepScot, @FutureXGlobal and fellow cohort members. 2 weeks ago