About the Challenge
The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a £4 million flagship entrepreneurial development fund created by the Scottish Government, initiated by the First Minister for Scotland, that supports highly ambitious entrepreneurs from across Scotland, chosen for their individual potential, the quality of their ideas and the contribution they can make to the Scottish economy and wider society.
Entrepreneurs selected to be a part of the Unlocking Ambition cohort receive support from the Royal Society of Edinburgh or Scottish Enterprise, are matched to a world-class business mentor via Entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank. They also benefit from significant grant funding investment and a dedicated account team of specialists to support their business development.
Unlocking Ambition is the Scotland CAN DO partnership at its best, working together to bring intensive wrap-around support with a celebration of our most promising entrepreneurs. The Programme amplifies the success of entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their ideas can be successful, inclusive, create jobs and benefit society.
- The award-winning @ChaddenH, director & producer in the BBC’s Natural History unit, recently spoke to us about keeping positive when it comes to the climate challenge and exploring the opportunities whilst maintaining a sense of urgency. #ClimateCrisis #ClimateOpportunity #COP26 2 days ago
- More wonderful support for our #UnlockingAmbition ambassador @Sustainably. #sustainablebusiness #impactthatmatters #familybusiness
- #UnlockingAmbition ambassador @tadaslab shares his journey into #entrepreneurship - an excellent read.
- Massive congratulations to #UnlockingAmbition ambassador @TMedicines on being named one of the winners of @TechNation’s #RisingStars 2.0! Jo Halliday from @TMedicines also won the @mytalentworks Inspiring Leadership Award and the @Soldo Moonshot award! 👏🏆💊 3 days ago
- "We're on a mission to improve the effectiveness of medicines." Glasgow's @TMedicines capture the digital voice of the patient, putting patient centricity at the core of what they do. 👩🏽⚕️🏴 #WeAreTechNation Watch the last pitches on the livestream > technation.io/rising-sta… 3 days ago by TechNation
- “For the first 9 months I made every delivery myself, which was pretty brutal, but I learned about our customers.” #Edinburgh’s @wearedrinkly is a drinks-on-demand service that promises “chilled beers, spirits and wines to your door in one hour”. 🍻 #WeAreTechNation 3 days ago by TechNation
- Fascinating visits to Facebook and Linked In this week in #california has reset the inspiration levels to a whole new level! #unlockingambition #scotlandcando Day 3 of the #UnlockingAmbition Global Connections trip: we spoke to former @news_RSE #EnterpriseFellow & Product Manager at @Facebook, Abesh Thakur, on attracting talent & innovating, and #globalscot Eric McAfee for insight & mentoring on #venturecapital, #branding & #growth 1 week ago4 days ago by LovedayAlison
- At our recent masterclass we collected donations for the Australian bushfire appeal through @wwf_uk. We’re pleased to say we raised £270 which will help to provide emergency funds to care for injured wildlife. 5 days ago
- The final day of the #UnlockingAmbition Global Connections trip to #SanFrancisco saw the cohort attend meetings with Finbarr Taylor, founder of @shogunbuilder, the @RBS Innovation team and the fascinating @benwerd as well as a session with @LinkedIn exploring talent acquisition. 5 days ago
- Congratulations to our angel member Dr Poonam Malik @poons21 for joining the @skillsdevscot Board We are delighted to welcome four new members to the Board at SDS. Prof. David Hillier @UniStrathclyde, Dr Mark Dames and Paul Taylor @BT_UK and Dr Poonam Malik @Investing_Women @ScotEnt bit.ly/38hnBnN 6 days ago5 days ago by Investing_Women