About the Challenge
The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a £4 million flagship entrepreneurial development fund created by the Scottish Government, initiated by the First Minister for Scotland, that supports highly ambitious entrepreneurs from across Scotland, chosen for their individual potential, the quality of their ideas and the contribution they can make to the Scottish economy and wider society.
Entrepreneurs selected to be a part of the Unlocking Ambition cohort receive support from the Royal Society of Edinburgh or Scottish Enterprise, are matched to a world-class business mentor via Entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank. They also benefit from significant grant funding investment and a dedicated account team of specialists to support their business development.
Unlocking Ambition is the Scotland CAN DO partnership at its best, working together to bring intensive wrap-around support with a celebration of our most promising entrepreneurs. The Programme amplifies the success of entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their ideas can be successful, inclusive, create jobs and benefit society.
- Our ambassadors @WeAreDrinkly & @TMedicines are among the 33 semi-finalists in the running to be named one of @TechNation's 10 Rising Stars. The 20 finalists will be announced on Monday - fingers crossed for our amazing entrepreneurs! 🤞🤞🤞 bit.ly/2RpR2wG @_bluesona @quizkit @Twitch @conundrumai @WeAreDrinkly @FilmilyApp @FoundriesIO @moneyshakeuk @neatebox @PearlaiLtd @pitchbooking @staffcircle Our penultimate pitch comes from @TMedicines which captures the digital voice of the patient, turns it into data and commercialises it. #WeAreTechNation 2 days ago in reply to TechNation1 day ago
- We were lucky enough to be one of 33 businesses selected to pitch in Manchester at the @TechNation Rising Star Semi-Finals. We are pitching for an opportunity to reach the final in London and be crowned one of the top 10 tech startups in the UK #WeAreTechNation 1 day ago by WeAreDrinkly
- We spoke to Paul Simmons, co-founder of the #Glasgow based #textile & design studio @TBeasties about the Edinburgh Toile #pattern - a beautiful #design that was chosen to be featured on the packaging of our Rose & Black Pepper Dark #Chocolate Bar 🖤 #theartofchocolate 1 day ago by cocochocolatier
- Student Chloe Reid on what she learned during her #UnlockingYoungAmbition mentoring experience with @LisaA_HR of @Purpose_HR. 2 days ago
- Our website is back up and running! Not only this, it's also brand new and should make all of our information easier for you to access! Go and check it out now! 👉firstport.org.uk 2 days ago by Firstport
- Read @LarderMagazine’s article on the upcoming launch of our collaboration with @TBeasties and watch this space for more updates 🍫♥️ lardermag.co.uk/coco-to-… 2 days ago by cocochocolatier
- Like many entrepreneurs, setting up @TMedicines was not part of a planned move by CEO & co-founder Jo Halliday, just a realisation that the corporate world was not for her anymore & she wanted to do her own thing. Read all about Jo's journey here: unlockingambition.scot/n… 3 days ago
- Biotech startup firm @MiAlgae secures £1m to turn whisky by-products into pet & fish food & will use this to double in size, commission a demonstrator plant in East Lothian & hire 5 new staff in the next 12 months #ScottishLifeSciences #ScotInnovation insider.co.uk/news/biote… 3 days ago by CanDoScotland
- Great news for our ambassador @cocochocolatier!
- The team over at @efixx247 stopped by our office to chat all about fire clips, safety and our ambitious product development process. Catch us in their latest video and dig deeper into all things LINIAN, you might even learn a new Scottish phrase or two! youtube.com/watch?v=va2l… 4 days ago by LINIANFireClip