About the Challenge
The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a £4 million flagship entrepreneurial development fund created by the Scottish Government, initiated by the First Minister for Scotland, that supports highly ambitious entrepreneurs from across Scotland, chosen for their individual potential, the quality of their ideas and the contribution they can make to the Scottish economy and wider society.
Entrepreneurs selected to be a part of the Unlocking Ambition cohort receive support from the Royal Society of Edinburgh or Scottish Enterprise, are matched to a world-class business mentor via Entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank. They also benefit from significant grant funding investment and a dedicated account team of specialists to support their business development.
Unlocking Ambition is the Scotland CAN DO partnership at its best, working together to bring intensive wrap-around support with a celebration of our most promising entrepreneurs. The Programme amplifies the success of entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their ideas can be successful, inclusive, create jobs and benefit society.
- Student Stephanie Governo applied for #UnlockingYoungAmbition as she plans to start her own fashion business. She spent time with @Pillowpartners as part of the programme. 1 hour ago
- Read all about the experience of two young entrepreneurs who visited LINIAN this week: linianclip.co.uk/blog/un… #UnlockingYoungAmbition @scotent @Unlock_Ambition 2 hours ago by LINIANFireClip
- Our #UnlockingYoungAmbition students Fiona and Chloe have been at @Purpose_HR over the past couple of days for some #entrepreneurial mentoring with founder @LisaA_HR, where they’ve also been involved with market research and social media projects. 1 day ago
- #UnlockingYoungAmbition students Jennifer Watt and Kieran McDowall have spent the last two days working with our ambassador @LINIANFireClip, learning all about how the business is run, from sales and marketing to customer databases and accounting. 2 days ago
- If you would like to see just what sort of impact investment from SIS ventures can achieve, have a look at the Talking Medicines website, who we led a round of funding for earlier this year - bit.ly/2XxSzSr 3 days ago by sis_ventures
- Student Liam from #TeamARX explains why he applied for our #UnlockingYoungAmbition programme. 3 days ago
- Some of our #UnlockingYoungAmbition students have been at @Sustainably this week to learn more about running a business. Here's what Eric had to say about his experience: 6 days ago
- Students Amy & Amy are spending time with @HeyGirlsUK as part of our #UnlockingYoungAmbition programme.
- Our ambassador @HeyGirlsUK has just won two awards in one night – One to Watch at the @SocialEnt_UK #SocEntAwards19 in London and a #ScottishPublicService award at the @ScotParl for the #BuyOneGiveOne period products. What an end to the year for the fantastic team at @HeyGirlsUK! 1 week ago
- Our #UnlockingYoungAmbition student Adam McGrenra comments on his entrepreneurial mentoring experience with @PhoxWater. 1 week ago