About the Challenge
The prestigious Unlocking Ambition Challenge is a £4 million flagship entrepreneurial development fund created by the Scottish Government, initiated by the First Minister for Scotland, that supports highly ambitious entrepreneurs from across Scotland, chosen for their individual potential, the quality of their ideas and the contribution they can make to the Scottish economy and wider society.
Entrepreneurs selected to be a part of the Unlocking Ambition cohort receive support from the Royal Society of Edinburgh or Scottish Enterprise, are matched to a world-class business mentor via Entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to the GlobalScot network and the Scottish Investment Bank. They also benefit from significant grant funding investment and a dedicated account team of specialists to support their business development.
Unlocking Ambition is the Scotland CAN DO partnership at its best, working together to bring intensive wrap-around support with a celebration of our most promising entrepreneurs. The Programme amplifies the success of entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their ideas can be successful, inclusive, create jobs and benefit society.
- Craft drinks bottling firm @Drinks_Lab wins listing heraldscotland.com/busin… 9 hours ago by BrianDonnellyHT
- Great to see #GlobalScots meeting each other at #EiE19 & on the investor panels - @DeborahMagid1 this morning & Eric McAfee, Alistair Forbes & Gitte Bedford this afternoon. Scotland’s premier investment conference- brilliant innovative companies made in Scotland. #ScotlandIsNow 15 hours ago by katemac55
- With #EIE19 in full flow, it's great to see @InvestEdinburgh featuring the launch of #CANDOFest! First up #EIE19, next up @EntrepScot #ESConference19 tomorrow...we can't wait! Read more here: bit.ly/2UTw2Da 18 hours ago by CanDoFest
- @HeyGirlsUK is one of the #purpose driven businesses taking part on the @scotent #UnlockingAmbition 2018-19 cohort. Find out about their #values and #product from founder Celia Hodson #ThisIsImpact19 22 hours ago in reply to HeyGirlsUK
- What a confident & compelling pitch from @docdebbie at #EIE19 this morning. Since spinning out 2 years ago @MyWayDigital are predicting a £3m turnover this year. Debbie is one of the most credible entrepreneurs I have met & her company making a huge difference to diabetes care. 23 hours ago by Brian_McNicoll
- Best of luck to @docdebbie from @MyWayDigital with her investment pitch at #EIE19 today! #UnlockingAmbition 23 hours ago
- @MiAlgae is one of the #purpose driven businesses taking part on the @scotent #UnlockingAmbition 2018-19 cohort. Find out about their #values and #product from founder Douglas Martin #ThisIsImpact19 2 days ago in reply to MiAlgae
- Did you know...? The @EntrepScot #ESConference19 is open to both ES Members and Non-Members? The lineup for this year's Global Mindset themed conf at Gleneagles looks amazing. It's next week! But there's still time to get a ticket at eventbrite.co.uk/e/es-an… 5 days ago by SME_Innovation
- One week to go until CAN DO Fest kicks off for two weeks of fantastic entrepreneurial events across Scotland. Wondering what Scotland CAN DO is all about and how to get involved? Find out more at cando.scot and check out the upcoming events at candofest.scot 5 days ago
- With just 1 WEEK TO GO ⌛️until #CANDOFest kicks off in #Edinburgh there's still time to find out who's taking part and grab tickets 🎟️to events taking place across Scotland in our spring festival of impactful entrepneurship! 🚀Find out more: candofest.scot 👀 6 days ago by CanDoFest